Trademark Registration in Trivandrum
Trademark registration in Trivandrum is a process where the owner of the trademark applies for registration of his unique trademark or brand name with the Trademark Office in order to get exclusive rights over it.
20000+ Happy Clients | 100+ Professionals | 300+ Partners
10000+ Businesses Incorporated
5/5 Google Rating
100% Guaranteed Satisfaction Policy
How it Works
Reach us out for assistance
Get professional support in minutes for free
Our team completes your task after detailed discussion
You job is completed with hassle free business support.
Trademark Registration in Trivandrum
Thiruvananthapuram (or Trivandrum) is the capital of the southern Indian state of Kerala. Trivandrum is the epicentre of India’s largest IT Park, Techno Park and houses several International IT organizations. In addition to the IT giants, Technopark Technology Business Incubator (T-TBI) promotes startups in the state by providing a healthy environment for budding entrepreneurs. It is wise to choose a city that provides you with a better lifestyle and fits your budget, Trivandrum being one such city can be a suitable option for starting a business. When it comes to business, it becomes important to point out the essentiality of trademark registration of your new or existing business.
Intellectual Property Rights are a very important asset class for any business, startup, or enterprise. Developing and protecting intellectual property such as Trademark, Patent, Designs, Geographical Indication (GI) with proper registration can help them to gain a competitive advantage. It is essential to obtain trademark registration for the business name/trade name under the Trademarks Act 1999. A trademark protects the owner of the mark by ensuring the exclusive right to use it or grants another person/entity the right to use it in exchange for an agreed consideration.
A trademark (also known as a brand name) may be a name, signature, word, letter, numeral, symbol, logo, device, packaging labels, tagline, the shape of goods, or any combination thereof to distinguish it from other similar goods or services originating from another seller. It is a distinctive sign which identifies certain goods or services as those produced or provided by a specific person or enterprise.
Who can file an application for Trademark Registration?
- An Individual Person
- Joint Owners
- Proprietorship Firm
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Indian or Foreign Companies
- Trust, Society, NGO’s
- Banks, Insurance Company, Financial Institution, Stock Market Intermediaries
- Government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies
- Schools, Colleges, Institutions and Universities
Trademark Selection – How to Choose a Trademark?
Invented and Coined Marks
- The invented/coined marks mean coining a new word that has no dictionary and does not resemble any other registered or applied trademark such as “Adidas”, “Samsung” etc.
- These are the strongest marks, and thus the easiest to protect.
- Arbitrary marks mean mark which exists in popular vocabulary, but have no logical relationship to the goods or services for which they are used, like “Blackberry” for phones, “Apple” for computers, “Kangaro” for stationery items.
- These marks are comparatively easy to protect and register as a trademark
Descriptive and Suggestive Marks
- Descriptive marks mean the mark describing the characteristic of the products, like using the mark “Fair” for the fairness creams, using the mark “Print Media” for newspaper publication.
- Suggestive marks mean the mark suggesting the characteristic of the products, like “Habitat” for home furnishings products, like “Airbus” for airplanes.
- These are considered comparatively hard to protect and register as a trademark
Well Known Trademarks
- While adopting any mark, the applicant should also keep in mind and ensure that the mark is not being used by any other person in India or abroad, especially if the mark is well-known.
- India recognizes the concept of the “Well-known Trademark” and the principle of “Trans-border Reputation”.
- Examples of well-known trademarks are Google, Tata, Yahoo, Pepsi, Microsoft, etc.
- Generic marks mean using the name of the product, for the product, like using the brand name “Wood” for furniture, “Jal” for packaged water etc.
- These marks are most difficult to protect as trademarks.
Benefits of Trademark Registration in Trivandrum
Different Types of Trademark Symbols
What Is Included In our Trademark Registration package?
Procedure for Trademark Registration in Trivandrum
Documents Required for Trademark Registration in Trivandrum
Compare Your Options
Why Registration Arena
Registration Arena offers various packages at different prices with flexible payment options made to best suit your budget.
With a combined experience of 10+ years, our CA, CS and Legal experts ensure your work is done conveniently with utmost accuracy and timeliness.
Best in class customer service
We are always keen on speaking to our customers and resolving their queries. Have any doubt? Contact us without any hesitance through email, phone WhatsApp, or contact form