OSP has been introduced in India by way of New Telecom Policy (NTP) 1999. OSP is an abbreviated form for Other Service Provider. The present Article deals with steps for registration of OSP, documents required, Time period for registration.
What is OSP?
Other Service Provider (OSP) means a company providing Application Services. Which includes services such as Tele-banking, Tele-medicine, Tele-trading, e-commerce etc will be allowed to operate by using infrastructure provided by various access providers for non-telecom services.
OSP License Registration:
Department of Telecommunication (DoT) provides for registration of OSP’s. Any Company or Foreign registered company or LLP can register themselves as OSP after getting permission from RBI It is mandatorily required that such company should be registered under Indian Companies Act, 2013 as Private Company. It can be registered in two forms:
- Domestic – Providing the Application Services within national boundaries.
- International – Providing the Application Services beyond national boundaries.
A prescribed fee of Rupees 1000 is charged for registration of the same.
Terms & Condition for OSP Registration:
- The OSP shall take the Telecom Resources from an Authorized Telecom Service Provider only.
- The Authorized Telecom provide resources to it after examining the network diagram of the network proposed to be set up by the same and after ensuring its bonafide use. The same shall submit a copy of the network diagram approved by the Telecom Service Provider to VTM Cells for records and verification.
- It may have internet connectivity from the Authorized Internet Service Provider.
- It is permitted to share the Telecom bandwidth with other activities of the same Company or group of companies.
Documents Required for OSP License Registration:
It is to be noted that “all the documents to be submitted are required to be digitally signed and mandatorily be certified with seal by either Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors or Public Notary.”
- Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by Registrar of Companies.
- Resolution of The Board of Directors.
- Power of Attorney duly notarized authorizing the signatory with attested signature.
- List of Present Directors of the company with Name, Address
- Present shareholding pattern of the company(indicating Indian Equity & Foreign Equity)
- In case of Sharing of infrastructure/Work from Home
- Vendor Certificate for logical partitioning in the EPABX.
- Undertaking that the Bank Guarantee of Rs. 50 Lakhs or One Crore as per the case in the prescribed format.
- Network diagram – It must clearly mention in the diagram whether it is using Sharing of Infrastructure or Centralized EPABX architecture or the CUG facility.
- In case of Inter-connected Companies:
If interconnection of either one international OSP centre(company A) with another international OSP centre(company B) of Group Company or one domestic OSP centre(company A) with another domestic OSP centre(company B). Following documents are required:
- Shareholding pattern of Company A
- Shareholding pattern of Company B
- Certificate from statutory Auditor of the company to certify that A & B are Group Companies.
- Other supporting documents, if any like balance sheet, annual report etc. to establish that company A & company B are Group Companies
Validity of OSP License Registration:
The validity of registration shall be 20 years from the date of issue, unless otherwise mentioned in the registration letter. It can be extended.
Still confused and want to get OPS License?
Feel free to contact “Registration Arena” to get your OPS license registered or for any query at firstname.lastname@example.org