A person shall not be eligible for appointment as a director of a company, if –
- He is of unsound mind
- He is an undischarged insolvent
- He is adjudged insolvent/applied to be an insolvent
- He is convicted by court for an offence and imprisoned for at least 6 months and post imprisonment 5 years has not been elapsed.
- He/she has been convicted of any offence and sentenced in for a period of seven years or more, he shall not be eligible to be appointed as a director in any company.
- Court and tribunal has declared him disqualified for appointment of director.
- He has not paid any calls on shares of company held by him.
- He is convicted of any offence dealing with related party transaction and 5 years has not elapsed
- He does not have Director Identification Number (DIN) or holds a Deactivated DIN